Bad day at work...or home.

It's just been one of those days. I wanted to stay in bed but instead I had to get up & go to work. I had to come to work & clean up lots of other peoples messes, cover for people not doing their jobs correctly & even work late, putting in overtime that I'm not getting paid for. Not too mention the fact that my inbox was already full when I arrived & didn't get any less full after working on it all day.
Sound familiar to anyone? Well my job is a homemaker & some days I just don't feel like there's any home getting made! More like the home is getting UNmade!
I think it may be the fact that it's been so rainy the kids can't go outside for like the 3rd day in a row due to the mud.
Hunter somehow ended up dumping the entire canister of fish food behind the fish tank, between it & the wall, where nothing can reach it, not my arm, not the vacuum, nothing.
Then Savannah dumped a whole bowl of ravioli all over the chair & floor, just because she wanted to sit somewhere else instead. That stuff is so messy!
Luckily today wasn't the day that Dawson chose to color with green crayon all over the front & side of the fridge while I was in the bathroom (that was last week).He, for once, didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
Oh & I totally spaced that Savannah has piano lessons today, so around 4:45 this evening I realized I never took her! Ugh!
Anyway, I'm done venting about how horrible my day was. I'll talk about something else now.

Dawson likes to put on everyone else's shoes to try & escape outside in. Here he is slipping on Savannah's princess shoes.
Hunter started up T-ball. Here is he having his first at-bat. When he went out on the field, he suddenly looked so small compared to that big diamond. But he loves it.

Speaking of small (or not so small), this is a picture of Hunter on his 3rd birthday. He got this nice new Tonka bike. He wasn't that great at riding it, but he figured it out quick enough, since 18 months later we took the training wheels off & away he went.

Anyway, here is Dawson on that same bike at 2 1/2. He loves the bike even more & is very good at riding it. I took Dawson in for a check up this week & discovered that he's 30 lb. & 37 inches tall. That puts him in the 75th percentile for his age. I haven't had a kid even close to the 50th percentile in height before (not at this age anyway).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Fresh look.

Family Memories

My time to reminisce about Dawson.