Friday we got to take Dawson to urgent care with a large cut on his forehead. Very similar to Hunter's cut at almost 2 years old, but bigger, deeper & bloodier. Dawson (& the older 2 kids) were dancing around in the front room when Dawson took a spin and then a fall & hit his head on the little rocking chair. It wasn’t a sharp corner but the gash is like over an inch long & was deep. As he ran down the hall to us he was dripping blood onto the carpet. It was more blood than I’ve ever seen in my life. His face & eye & clothes & hair were covered in like 20 seconds flat. Crazy.
So we spent all morning in urgent care & he got his big cut glued together.
I had to throw out my shirt & Dawson's clothes & of course the towel we held on his head to get to urgent care. Good thing that Tim was here though. I started crying & about to hyperventilate (hey give me a break I'm pregnant & emotional!). Savannah said her tummy hurt every time she came back to bring us something we needed. Tim said he felt nauseous, but was okay, which is pretty good since he was the only one actually cleaning & looking at the gash. Hunter just stayed way far away from any of it, hiding in the living room. Dawson was the only calm one of us. I think he’s the only one that could manage to work in the medical field in our family.
Comments
A friend told me that every boy will go to the ER at least twice in their lives (once for stitches & once for a broken bone) so only one more for Dawson now {grin}.