A Fresh look.
Time again for one of those painting/decorating pangs to hit me.
I put the kids down for naps & knew that I didn't want to do housework or sit at the computer or anything else that I normally would do with this quiet time to myself. I did however feel the definite urge to do something creative, relaxing & with paint involved.
So I casually go out to get the mail & then...bam!
Those of you who know me, may have guessed what came next. I can't just have me & everyone else just look at a boring 'ole black mailbox everyday. That poor mailman/mail lady! He/She (we have both) will thank me for it I'm sure.
See, here is my poor dilapidated mailbox prior to 1pm. It was in bad need of a new coat of black paint, the bird poop washed off & some screws to hold it up straight. It's so ashamed it can't even hold it's head up high!
But behold the beauty of the newly restored mailbox! A new look along with all new screws. It can hold its head up high with pride!


This was my first experience trying out decoupage. Pretty cool, huh.
Yes, all this before, with time to spare for a blog entry! Just in time for me to get the kids up & out the door for Piano lessons.
Have a great & bright day, because "This is the day that the LORD hath made!"
I put the kids down for naps & knew that I didn't want to do housework or sit at the computer or anything else that I normally would do with this quiet time to myself. I did however feel the definite urge to do something creative, relaxing & with paint involved.
So I casually go out to get the mail & then...bam!
Those of you who know me, may have guessed what came next. I can't just have me & everyone else just look at a boring 'ole black mailbox everyday. That poor mailman/mail lady! He/She (we have both) will thank me for it I'm sure.
See, here is my poor dilapidated mailbox prior to 1pm. It was in bad need of a new coat of black paint, the bird poop washed off & some screws to hold it up straight. It's so ashamed it can't even hold it's head up high!
But behold the beauty of the newly restored mailbox! A new look along with all new screws. It can hold its head up high with pride!
This was my first experience trying out decoupage. Pretty cool, huh.
Yes, all this before, with time to spare for a blog entry! Just in time for me to get the kids up & out the door for Piano lessons.
Have a great & bright day, because "This is the day that the LORD hath made!"
Comments
You are so crafty (in a good way, not like a crafty little devil :-)). I just don't get those urges that you do. :-)
I think your mailbox looks great!!! Your mailman and mail lady will be so thrilled to have something to smile about!
Love you!!
Candice