Sisters are Forever!
Or the 3 days we stayed at my sisters, felt like forever! ok, just kidding, they didn't.
I love that I can go to my sisters for days at a time & we still get along. It's so neat that when my kids grow up they'll have lots of memories of times spent with their cousins & they'll look back & say "wow, my mom & Aunt Candice were such great friends". That's the way I imagine it anyway.
So we still got schoolwork done & my sister still got laundry done, so life really went on kind of normal-ish (yes I'm making up words).
It's really quite interesting to cook meals for 7 kids & 4 adults. Here is Candice putting in a little of this & a dash of that to make our from scratch pizza sauce to put on our homemade pizzas.
But it is nice, that there is alot more help to do it as well. I love the part where you kind of have to guess how much food you need, like how hungry is everyone & what are the normal appetites of each kid, etc. My whole family of 5 eats like half of what their family of 6 eats.

Here is Cherri (my niece) making herself some homemade orange juice to drink.
Dawson got alot of attention since there was 1 mom, 1 aunt, 1 big sister & 3 big cousins all willing to watch for his needs & wants. You can see how distraught he was when he was forced to play by himself. :-) And with girl toys of all things! Maybe that explains the sad face.

All in all I had a great time, since it was fun to put the kids to bed & then have the rest of the evening to play games & eat dessert. We laughed so hard I could have spit soda out my nose. Luckily, I had no soda though.
I love that I can go to my sisters for days at a time & we still get along. It's so neat that when my kids grow up they'll have lots of memories of times spent with their cousins & they'll look back & say "wow, my mom & Aunt Candice were such great friends". That's the way I imagine it anyway.
So we still got schoolwork done & my sister still got laundry done, so life really went on kind of normal-ish (yes I'm making up words).
It's really quite interesting to cook meals for 7 kids & 4 adults. Here is Candice putting in a little of this & a dash of that to make our from scratch pizza sauce to put on our homemade pizzas.
Here is Cherri (my niece) making herself some homemade orange juice to drink.
All in all I had a great time, since it was fun to put the kids to bed & then have the rest of the evening to play games & eat dessert. We laughed so hard I could have spit soda out my nose. Luckily, I had no soda though.
Comments