Thoughts...
I really wanted to use my husband's tagline from his blog, which is: my thoughts about life and love and other mysteries. But I decided not to, just to mention it, because he's so witty to come up with stuff like that.
So anyway, I went to the Optometrist today. My eye dr. is actually a good friend of ours. His family is in our homeschool group & he helps out as one of my Sparks leaders in Awana sometimes.
Anyway, it's just cool to go there & have conversations about praising the Lord for different things. Their church (the Presbyterian church in town), finally got a pastor and he was telling me all about that.
Then we did talk about if he saw people with weird eyes, like 2 different colors & stuff. He said yes, there's one lady that has one blue eye & one hazel-brownish eye. Weird.
On a different subject, Tim & I along with my sister & her husband are all in a March Madness league, where you pick your teams & get points for each correct pick & such. The guys were amused by how my sister and I picked teams. For instance I picked Michigan state to win because I thought that a friend of our liked them since he's from Michigan, then Tim informed me that Jason didn't like Michigan, but the university of Michigan instead, so then I just said I would pick Michigan to spite Jason, since he hated them. Well Michigan has won so far.
Anyway, the point of this is that I'm winning in the group. I'm beating Charles & Tim both, which is huge & I'm very excited. Even if I don't win the whole thing in the end, at least I was ahead of them for some of it. It makes me feel very involved in March Madness. :-)
So Tim & I are getting along nicely these days. It's nice since there for a week or so we were on "the crazy cycle". If you don't know what that means then you definitely should watch the Love and Respect videos or go to a conference for it. It's great biblical, marital counseling. Not just if you're in trouble, but to help all around & to maintain & give you insight into your spouse.
Ok, switching to a less touchy subject (ha ha), we're missing the county fair this year. Weird for me since I usually am there every year. But now it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
And we only have 3 more weeks of Awana. That's cool for me anyway. The kids will miss it, but they'll get over it. :-)
Savannah this year in Sparks did her Skipper book, reviewed it a second time (word perfect 2nd go around), then did the Skipper workbook and just yesterday finished a 3rd supplemental book called Jesus Loves Me. It has 15 sections with 3 verses in each one that she has to say all together. So now I'm having her learn the leaders HeartScripts verses which are Psalm 23 & Psalm 1. That should last her the 3 weeks I'm hoping. Man that girl has a great memory! Because she does still remember them all.
So I better end, this is getting pretty lengthy & it's of nothing of much interest. Well anyway, did I mention that I just adore my entire family. Here they are being so cute & familyish!
So anyway, I went to the Optometrist today. My eye dr. is actually a good friend of ours. His family is in our homeschool group & he helps out as one of my Sparks leaders in Awana sometimes.
Anyway, it's just cool to go there & have conversations about praising the Lord for different things. Their church (the Presbyterian church in town), finally got a pastor and he was telling me all about that.
Then we did talk about if he saw people with weird eyes, like 2 different colors & stuff. He said yes, there's one lady that has one blue eye & one hazel-brownish eye. Weird.
On a different subject, Tim & I along with my sister & her husband are all in a March Madness league, where you pick your teams & get points for each correct pick & such. The guys were amused by how my sister and I picked teams. For instance I picked Michigan state to win because I thought that a friend of our liked them since he's from Michigan, then Tim informed me that Jason didn't like Michigan, but the university of Michigan instead, so then I just said I would pick Michigan to spite Jason, since he hated them. Well Michigan has won so far.
Anyway, the point of this is that I'm winning in the group. I'm beating Charles & Tim both, which is huge & I'm very excited. Even if I don't win the whole thing in the end, at least I was ahead of them for some of it. It makes me feel very involved in March Madness. :-)
So Tim & I are getting along nicely these days. It's nice since there for a week or so we were on "the crazy cycle". If you don't know what that means then you definitely should watch the Love and Respect videos or go to a conference for it. It's great biblical, marital counseling. Not just if you're in trouble, but to help all around & to maintain & give you insight into your spouse.
Ok, switching to a less touchy subject (ha ha), we're missing the county fair this year. Weird for me since I usually am there every year. But now it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
And we only have 3 more weeks of Awana. That's cool for me anyway. The kids will miss it, but they'll get over it. :-)
Savannah this year in Sparks did her Skipper book, reviewed it a second time (word perfect 2nd go around), then did the Skipper workbook and just yesterday finished a 3rd supplemental book called Jesus Loves Me. It has 15 sections with 3 verses in each one that she has to say all together. So now I'm having her learn the leaders HeartScripts verses which are Psalm 23 & Psalm 1. That should last her the 3 weeks I'm hoping. Man that girl has a great memory! Because she does still remember them all.
So I better end, this is getting pretty lengthy & it's of nothing of much interest. Well anyway, did I mention that I just adore my entire family. Here they are being so cute & familyish!
Comments