Time again for one of those painting/decorating pangs to hit me. I put the kids down for naps & knew that I didn't want to do housework or sit at the computer or anything else that I normally would do with this quiet time to myself. I did however feel the definite urge to do something creative, relaxing & with paint involved. So I casually go out to get the mail & then... bam ! Those of you who know me, may have guessed what came next. I can't just have me & everyone else just look at a boring 'ole black mailbox everyday. That poor mailman/ mail lady ! He/She (we have both) will thank me for it I'm sure. See, here is my poor dilapidated mailbox prior to 1pm. It was in bad need of a new coat of black paint, the bird poop washed off & some screws to hold it up straight. It's so ashamed it can't even hold it's head up high! But behold the beauty of the newly restored mailbox! A new look along with all new screws. It can hold its head up hi...
It's totally weird & unexpected, but the 4 day vacation up to Show Low was one of our best vacations ever! Even Tim said that was true for him. It was nothing spectacular, just good, clean fun! Relaxing, yet not boring. Fun, yet not busy. And the kids all behaved & got along...maybe that's what made it awesome! Plus the fact that we hadn't done too much as a family for a year due to Tim's hospitalizations, sicknesses & lack of vacation time left. We went to a very fancy restaurant. Savannah had been learning in school about etiquette in a place like this, so she was able to practice it & keep the boys in line. This place also had a live band out back, so afterwards we went out there & sat around the fire and danced a little. We all played frisbee golf. Tim grilled our dinners while I sat on the porch & read. The kids played games outside. Tim joined them in several hide-and-go-seek games, which they thought was cool. He did some pretty impressi...
No matter what I do, my children just keep getting older! I tell them they aren't allowed to. I don't give them big parties. Nothing works. :-0
I so vividly remember the first days with him in our family. Savannah & Hunter were thrilled to
have a baby in our house.
My little thumb sucker.
I have to say, Dawson is just so full of life & personality & odd thoughts & sayings. He's very imaginative and thoughtful & caring and the next minute he's pestering someone out of their mind! He's unpredictable most of the time. He will always find the loop-hole to the rule & find a way to do something naughty that there wasn't a rule made up for yet. He makes me want to pull my hair out most days...but it's that passion that makes me crazy about him too.
Last night we went to Rustler's Rooste for dinner with my in-laws to celebrate.
...
Comments