Happy (or not) April Fool's day!
OK, first a short lesson.
This (Dawson pulling all the tissues out of the box one at a time) is good April fool's joke.
This (My dad in the ER with 4 broken ribs and sprained shoulder) is not a good April Fool's joke.
And by the way, he's not smiling, he's gritting his teeth together due to the pain. And I have no idea why my mom looks so happy in the background. :-)
OK, moving on, there's this story of an April Fool's day where I shouldn't have even gotten out of bed. I'll pick that story up in a second.
If I wasn't absolutely positive that God was in control and that all things work together for good, then I might think I had some bad mojo going on today. Then if that were the case, I would have to change the name of my blog to badmojomama instead. There's the joke for the day. :-)
Anyway, back to the story...
9am-Get the kids loaded in the van & try to leave to go to a friend's house. Well the kids had left a light on in the van, so the battery was dead. Checked & nope, neighbors don't have jumper cables. Ok so call my mom, she's on her way into town & stops to give me a jump start. Good.
9:30am - Reload the kids in the van & really leave this time
9:33am - see mom on the side of the road with dead vehicle. Ok jump start her car now, nope doesn't keep running.
9:45am - Decide to push her car with my van off of the busy street...Her car then starts and is running. I follow her to the bank to make sure she gets there & the car starts again.
10:00am - All is good, I give her my cell phone in case she has more problems.
10:10am - going down freeway to Arizona City and my van loses acceleration & begins making a very loud knocking noise. I slow down to get off freeway & engine dies. Luckily it restarts everytime.
10:20am - I made it to Missy's house. Whew. Now we have fun & let the kids play & I chat with my friend & we get done what we were supposed to get done.
11:30am - Call dad to see what he thinks. He says call Philip to have him come over & look at my van.
12:30pm - Philip arrives & decides I shouldn't drive the van and it's probably a rod knocking (which means "needs a new engine", but he will tow me to my parents house. Philip leaves in Missy's van to get tow strap.
oh wait, side note. last week we paid almost $1,400.00 to get the transmission rebuilt in the van.
1:30pm - Philip calls to tell us that Missy's back left tire is in shreds & he has to change it, to proceed back to us.
3:00pm - We start towing my van to my parents house.
5:00pm - I arrive home after Tim has picked me up from my parents house.
8:00pm - my dad calls to tell me that he is in the ER after having laid his new motorcycle down on his way home from work. Nope, not an April fool's joke.
10:15pm - I get home from being in the ER with my parents.
So here are some pictures of good things that happen in life...
Tim playing tackle with the kids

And also there are little cool things in life like new shoes.
Dawson thinks they're comfy & cute.
Do you just see these handsome new crocs my mom bought me?!

This (Dawson pulling all the tissues out of the box one at a time) is good April fool's joke.
This (My dad in the ER with 4 broken ribs and sprained shoulder) is not a good April Fool's joke.
OK, moving on, there's this story of an April Fool's day where I shouldn't have even gotten out of bed. I'll pick that story up in a second.
If I wasn't absolutely positive that God was in control and that all things work together for good, then I might think I had some bad mojo going on today. Then if that were the case, I would have to change the name of my blog to badmojomama instead. There's the joke for the day. :-)
Anyway, back to the story...
9am-Get the kids loaded in the van & try to leave to go to a friend's house. Well the kids had left a light on in the van, so the battery was dead. Checked & nope, neighbors don't have jumper cables. Ok so call my mom, she's on her way into town & stops to give me a jump start. Good.
9:30am - Reload the kids in the van & really leave this time
9:33am - see mom on the side of the road with dead vehicle. Ok jump start her car now, nope doesn't keep running.
9:45am - Decide to push her car with my van off of the busy street...Her car then starts and is running. I follow her to the bank to make sure she gets there & the car starts again.
10:00am - All is good, I give her my cell phone in case she has more problems.
10:10am - going down freeway to Arizona City and my van loses acceleration & begins making a very loud knocking noise. I slow down to get off freeway & engine dies. Luckily it restarts everytime.
10:20am - I made it to Missy's house. Whew. Now we have fun & let the kids play & I chat with my friend & we get done what we were supposed to get done.
11:30am - Call dad to see what he thinks. He says call Philip to have him come over & look at my van.
12:30pm - Philip arrives & decides I shouldn't drive the van and it's probably a rod knocking (which means "needs a new engine", but he will tow me to my parents house. Philip leaves in Missy's van to get tow strap.
oh wait, side note. last week we paid almost $1,400.00 to get the transmission rebuilt in the van.
1:30pm - Philip calls to tell us that Missy's back left tire is in shreds & he has to change it, to proceed back to us.
3:00pm - We start towing my van to my parents house.
5:00pm - I arrive home after Tim has picked me up from my parents house.
8:00pm - my dad calls to tell me that he is in the ER after having laid his new motorcycle down on his way home from work. Nope, not an April fool's joke.
10:15pm - I get home from being in the ER with my parents.
So here are some pictures of good things that happen in life...
And also there are little cool things in life like new shoes.
Dawson thinks they're comfy & cute.
Comments
So, you need to see if there is a way people can sign up for a blog update notification. That would make me so happy. :-)
I had to laugh at your good example and bad example of April Fool's jokes. I loved the picture of Dawson and the tissue.
I also had to laugh at your badmojomama joke. You're so witty. Your husband must be rubbing off on you.
Love your hallway! I will have to make and appointment to come see it soon!
Love you,
Canidce
See, I really do check your blog.
Love you,
Candice