Growing up some more.
We each should all be growing up everyday.
We should be growing in the knowledge & grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I have been working through a little book called Learning and Living God's Word - How to Study the Bible.
Yes, it seems like I've done this in Sunday School classes, church services, other devotions, etc.
But for some reason this one seems clearer. Plus it gives you a hands on activity for every single step of the way. So it makes sure you do it yourself, not just read about how to do it.
So yesterday, I was knee-deep in our Strong's Exhaustive concordance for the first time ever. I know, shocking - I should have been in there lots of times before.
It was actually quite exhilarating. One of those moments that you think "Why don't I do this more often", but you know in reality it was a lot of work to haul that book out & look up words & then find the number in the back in the dictionary, etc. But well worth it.
Moving on - Hunter is growing up physically, He turns 7 this Saturday.
We had a small party for him at Peter Piper Pizza on Tuesday.
Thank you to Aunt Teddi for the Wii Remote cakes. Hunter got to eat the Power Button, so he was thrilled. (boys are strange beings I've decided)
He was quite diligent at creating his own pizza (with KJ there to oversee him of course).
I don't know that Hunter would know what to do without someone looking over his shoulder anyway. :-)
And really, who doesn't like pizza?!
And on the same subject of growing up - of course our baby is growing so fast. Ella is amazingly "older" than her age.
Here is Ella riding on the little carousel ride at Peter Piper.

And then she is crawling all over & in nursery was half way up the slide.
She's quite proud of her new accomplishments!
Ella even experienced her first father's day this year.
Then there's Dawson...

He grew a little in knowledge of what kind of trouble you get into when you draw across your forehead with a black marker. :-) We got to call him uni-brow for a little while anyway.
Savannah is getting stronger, since Ella is getting heavier. :-) Ella literally lights up as soon as she sees Savannah anytime, day or night. They are going to have a great bond I hope!
We should be growing in the knowledge & grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I have been working through a little book called Learning and Living God's Word - How to Study the Bible.
Yes, it seems like I've done this in Sunday School classes, church services, other devotions, etc.
But for some reason this one seems clearer. Plus it gives you a hands on activity for every single step of the way. So it makes sure you do it yourself, not just read about how to do it.
So yesterday, I was knee-deep in our Strong's Exhaustive concordance for the first time ever. I know, shocking - I should have been in there lots of times before.
It was actually quite exhilarating. One of those moments that you think "Why don't I do this more often", but you know in reality it was a lot of work to haul that book out & look up words & then find the number in the back in the dictionary, etc. But well worth it.
Moving on - Hunter is growing up physically, He turns 7 this Saturday.
Thank you to Aunt Teddi for the Wii Remote cakes. Hunter got to eat the Power Button, so he was thrilled. (boys are strange beings I've decided)
He was quite diligent at creating his own pizza (with KJ there to oversee him of course).
And really, who doesn't like pizza?!
And on the same subject of growing up - of course our baby is growing so fast. Ella is amazingly "older" than her age.
Here is Ella riding on the little carousel ride at Peter Piper.

And then she is crawling all over & in nursery was half way up the slide.
She's quite proud of her new accomplishments!Ella even experienced her first father's day this year.
Then there's Dawson...

He grew a little in knowledge of what kind of trouble you get into when you draw across your forehead with a black marker. :-) We got to call him uni-brow for a little while anyway.
Comments