Welcome Baby Ella! (Lots of Pictures)
The new addition to our family has been a big hit!
Ella Grace Penick brings with her a very exciting story of her swift entrance into the world.
The short version is that I had a few contractions in the night around 1:45am that woke me up & then I dozed back off. Nothing major. Until 2:05am I felt my water break at the same moment I had a VERY hard contraction. I woke Tim & he jumped up to start putting in the calls. At this point I was having hard contractions every 7 minutes.
My parents arrived (My dad to stay with the other kids & my mom to go with us) at 2:20am. We then were on our way to Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa. On the way my contractions jumped up to about 2 to 3 minutes apart. We wheeled into the hospital at about 3:20am. They put me on a triage bed to wheel me to a room & right there is where Ella was born at 3:25am.
All 9lb. 14oz of her self!
There were lots of nurses rushing around & an ER Dr. catching the baby! Yes that means no pain meds, no IV & maybe some yelling. :-)

Now we're an even number, 6 in our family. Wow, that number seems so much bigger to me than what we have.

We all just adore the new little princess in our midst! Her eyes are a promising blue color at the moment.
Savannah has done nothing but talk about getting a sister for months now! Finally the moment has arrived & Ella will never lack arms to hold her. :-)
The fun, colorful girl clothes are being put to good use.
The 4 siblings are still getting used to each other.
The short version is that I had a few contractions in the night around 1:45am that woke me up & then I dozed back off. Nothing major. Until 2:05am I felt my water break at the same moment I had a VERY hard contraction. I woke Tim & he jumped up to start putting in the calls. At this point I was having hard contractions every 7 minutes.
My parents arrived (My dad to stay with the other kids & my mom to go with us) at 2:20am. We then were on our way to Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa. On the way my contractions jumped up to about 2 to 3 minutes apart. We wheeled into the hospital at about 3:20am. They put me on a triage bed to wheel me to a room & right there is where Ella was born at 3:25am.
All 9lb. 14oz of her self!
There were lots of nurses rushing around & an ER Dr. catching the baby! Yes that means no pain meds, no IV & maybe some yelling. :-)

Now we're an even number, 6 in our family. Wow, that number seems so much bigger to me than what we have.
We all just adore the new little princess in our midst! Her eyes are a promising blue color at the moment.
Comments
Ella is just so precious. I know she is a big baby, but she still looks so small & cuddly in all the photos! What fun to dress her up in all the sweet girl clothes.
I am praying for you during these early, sleep deprived, first few weeks.