1 year ago... (part 1)
June 21st, 2010 (Monday) - I was playing softball & had a fluke run in with the catcher at home plate in the 1st inning and ended up with a broken right arm.
I played the rest of the game, holding it to my side, thinking it was just a sprain or something. I even caught 2 pop-fly's with my good glove hand. Needless to say, Tim wasn't very happy when I came home & he had to take me up to the hospital and verify it was broken. (the bone in my elbow, that is very tricky to heal correctly, due to the movement needed in the joint & running down the arm to the hand)
I had 4 children at home to care for, one of which was 6 months old & nursing. Oh the joy. Praise the Lord for a very helpful 8 year old daughter that could hold/lift/carry the baby. I had to have someone help me put my contacts in every morning & even put my hair up for me.
But the Lord was gracious and what was supposed to take 6 weeks in a cast to heal & 6 weeks of physical therapy to get back to par were all done & over in 3 weeks. I only missed 1 softball game!
And looking forward to my double-header tonight at 8pm!
I played the rest of the game, holding it to my side, thinking it was just a sprain or something. I even caught 2 pop-fly's with my good glove hand. Needless to say, Tim wasn't very happy when I came home & he had to take me up to the hospital and verify it was broken. (the bone in my elbow, that is very tricky to heal correctly, due to the movement needed in the joint & running down the arm to the hand)
I had 4 children at home to care for, one of which was 6 months old & nursing. Oh the joy. Praise the Lord for a very helpful 8 year old daughter that could hold/lift/carry the baby. I had to have someone help me put my contacts in every morning & even put my hair up for me.
But the Lord was gracious and what was supposed to take 6 weeks in a cast to heal & 6 weeks of physical therapy to get back to par were all done & over in 3 weeks. I only missed 1 softball game!
And looking forward to my double-header tonight at 8pm!
Comments