My little man
Today we did what Hunter wanted instead of a birthday party...we went to the public pool! Complete with slide, diving boards & rock wall (pictures to follow at the end of this post).
Since Hunter has turned 8 (Sunday) he has ripped up his big toenail on a tire full of cement (blood oozing out of it on all sides), had his finger smashed between a baseball & baseball bat and then majorly gashing his head open in need of stitches or glue! I don't know that he's going to make it to 9 years old at this rate!
Some of you may know that I don't deal with these types of things well. The good Lord knows as well and so since Tim has been gone through all of this He blessed me with a mother that was with us each time (except the finger thing, but there was no blood).
The gashed head turned into an even funnier story because I had my mom help me super glue his gash closed (which we've done before on the forehead & even got the idea from a dr. and it works just as well as when we took him into urgent care & the dr. there glued him up). But it's much harder with hair all around.
So anyway, I asked my mom to help hold the wound closed on either side while I put the super glue on & spread it (my pointy tip was glued shut). Then my mom didn't realize to move her finger in time and ended up with her finger superglued to Hunter's head. For quite awhile both of them were painfully trying to be separated. My Dad finally found a box cutter & was able to cut the hair (& my mom's finger a bit) to get them apart. I might have taken pictures of any of this if I hadn't just gotten out of the shower & was walking around with a towel on.
Now for the pictures of the fun part of the day!




.

Comments